Wound as carefully as possible to recreate those classic Californian Pickups of the 1950s, the Vintage ’57 Specials’ Alnico 3 Magnets have been hand bevelled to match the originals’ aesthetic quality. Using 42 Gauge Heavy Formvar wire and wound to the original output, the Vintage 57s give a fatter twang than our modern set and have a muscly musicality to them whilst retaining a warm glassy tone. Perfect for maple fingerboard instruments.
- Hand Bevelled, Vintage Staggered Alnico 3 Magnets.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Heavy Formvar Wire.
- Vintage Spec Output: 5.8k (N), 5.8k (M), 5.9k (B).
- Vintage Cloth Hook-up wire.
- Black Fibreboard Bobbins dipped in Nitrocellulose.
- Pickups Wax Potted to reduce Microphonic Feedback.
- Magnet degaussing to reproduce light ageing available on request.