The Truetone 1 spot Pro CS7 multi voltage power supply allows you to work with various pedals without having to switch your power unit. This power supply has 7 outputs that are completely isolated to eliminate any buzzing or humming noises.
This power brick has five variable voltage settings and converter plugs that make it usable in any part of the world. Mounting brackets that fit Pedaltrain pedalboards allow you to install this unit easily while on tour.
A major benefit of using a switching power supply is that it can handle far more current (power being pulled out of it) than any transformer-based power supply. Although Truetone had to put power rating labels on each output to satisfy certification agencies, the outputs can generally handle far more than the label shows. For example, you can connect a 300mA pedal to a 200mA output, without causing any problems. With a transformer-based power supply, you can’t get away with that. The important thing is to not exceed the total of all the labels. With a CS7, the output labels add up to 1900mA total. That means the total current draw of all your pedals should be less than 1900mA. That total current rating is roughly double the current load of the most common power brick, for a lot less money.
- 1 SPOT switching power supply technology
- 7 outputs
- Total electrical isolation between outputs
- Each output is galvanically isolated from the other
- Multiple voltages - outputs that can put out 9Vdc, 12Vdc or 18Vdc
- Use anywhere in the world
- All steel housing
- Cleverly designed vents that should keep out the accidental spills
- Extremely energy efficient