The WA-1B accurately recreates world-class Scandinavian compression combining smooth tube-optical warmth with precision controls. Like its original inspiration favored by producers and engineers from Chris Lord-Alge to Rick Rubin, the WA-1B delivers that revered “forgiving” musical compression of tube-optical circuitry with speed and control more closely associated with modern dynamics processing. As the compressor of choice for many of the most profound vocal performances, this style of compression has shaped the sound of recordings by artists such as Adele, Dr. Dre, Lenny Kravitz, Norah Jones, The Black Keys and many more. With premium components and meticulous circuit design, the WA-1B has all of the tone and characteristics of the most celebrated compression that blends vintage tone with modern control.
Hand-wired to authentically recreate the sound of a renowned circuit, the WA-1B uses carefully selected components to recreate a style of compression that remains sought-after, yet unattainable. Select tubes are paired to achieve the perfect balance between vintage tone and modern performance. The WA-1B uses custom, large-core transformers from Lundahl Sweden, which help transfer all of the rich, articulate, “forgiving” analog tone from the tubes to the signal. As a catalyst for its impeccable “transparent” compression, the WA-1B features a premium optical attenuator for smooth and musical compression, making it a clear choice for vocals, instruments, and any highly dynamic source or program material that requires control without sacrificing tone. All of these critical components are handwired with through-hole soldering in a true-to-spec, 100% analog 270 volt circuit. Following the Warm Formula of true-to-original tone driven by premium components, all WA-1B compressors are carefully hand-inspected & tested at Warm Audio Headquarters in Austin, Texas.
- Accurately Recreating World-Class Scandinavian Compression Combining Smooth Tube-Optical Warmth With Precision Controls
- True-To-Spec 270 Volt, 100% Discrete Analog Signal Path - Handwired With Through-Hole Components
- Transformer-Balanced Fully Floating Input And Output - Custom-Core Large Transformers From Scandinavian Manufacturer, Lundahl In Sweden
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 25 kHz
- Self-Noise: < -75 DBU @ 30 DB Gain
- Variable Threshold: Off To -40 DBU
Continuously Variable, Fixed, Or Fixed/Manual Attack And Release Times
- Fixed - Attack: 1 Millisecond | Release: 50 Milliseconds
- Manual - Attack: .5 - 300 Milliseconds | Release: .05 Seconds - 10 Seconds
Fixed/Man Mode Blends The Release Times Of Fixed And Manual Mode
- Output Gain: Off To +30 DBU
- Two Bus Connectors To Connect Multiple Sidechains
- Meter (VU) Input, Output, Or Compression Amount
- Linear, Low-Noise Power Supply With Toroidal Power Transformer