FAITHFUL RECREATION OF A HIGH-SPL, LOW-NOISE CLASSIC
The WA-47F is a faithful recreation of a high-SPL, low-noise classic celebrated as a 'secret weapon' across world-class studios. The original '47-style FET was released in 1969 and gained massive popularity inside recording studios for its ability to handle fast transients with exceptional detail. Compared to popular tube microphones, the WA-47F has a more pristine top end and a tighter, more controllable bass response. Famous artists such as Dave Grohl and Daft Punk used the original 47FET on kick drums, inspiring generations of drummers and engineers. For vocals, legends like David Lee Roth and Michael Stipe used the original to create some of the most beloved music of all time. The WA-47F shares the same sonic profile as that original microphone, making the WA-47F a studio workhorse that will quickly become a go-to mic in your locker.
Faithful Recreation of a High-SPL, Low Noise Classic: The WA-47F brings excellent sonic versatility and the uncanny ability to handle high SPLs - just like the original.
Superior Sound on Drums and Vocals: The WA-47F sound profile is fabled for being a “secret weapon” for huge kick drum sounds while the custom tuned frequency response helps add a pristine edge to solo vocals that need to stand out.
K47-Style Capsule: The WA-47F uses a premium reproduction of the vintage K47-style capsule found in the original microphone for ultra-wide frequency response and detail.
Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA Output Transformer: Large-core imported German laminations drive the punchy, powerful sound captured by the capsule.
Exceptional High-SPL Handling: Amazing for drums, horns, and cranked amps, the WA-47F easily handles high SPLs up to 137dB and 147dB with 10dB pad engaged.
Premium Components: The WA-47F has elite build quality with boutique components for a no-compromise addition to your professional mic locker.
Includes Premium Accessories: Safely store your mic anywhere with the included premium wood box and mount the mic to any stand with the attached hard mount.
- Gold Sputtered, Large Diaphragm, Single Backplate, K47 Style Capsule
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA Output Transformer
- Premium Fairchild Transistors
- Wima And Polystyrene Capacitors
- Max SPL: 137dB, 147dB With 10dB Pad Engaged
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-19kHz
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: >1kOhms
- Pads And Filters: -10dB Pad, 140 Hz Low-Cut Filter
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (+ Weighted): 69 DB, 76 DB-A
- EIN / Self-noise (+ weighted): 25dB, 18 dB-A
- Total Weight: 3.5lbs, Mic Only: 2lbs
- Mic Dimensions: 8” X 2.75” (20.3cm X 7cm)
- Included Accessories: Premium Wood Box & Hard Mount