WA-67: Another Legend Reborn
The original ’67 became one of the most sought-after and widely-used studio microphones of its time, recording a massive collection of some of the most memorable songs of the last 50 years - we’re talking about classic tracks from artists as varied as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Temptations and Nirvana! The original mics are still sought after, but they can command upwards of $8000 for a pristine unit, putting them far out of reach for most recordists.
Thankfully, Warm Audio has now changed that scenario with the release of the new WA-67! Based around an EF86 pentode tube and having the same smooth and creamy tone of the original, the WA-67 excels at recording just about anything that you put it in front of, and it may immediately become your go-to choice for vocals, guitars, drum toms and overheads, pianos, brass and strings.
- LARGE DIAPHRAGM STUDIO CONDENSER MICROPHONE
- FAITHFUL RE-CREATION OF THE CLASSIC ’67-STYLE PENTODE TUBE CIRCUIT
- EF86 PENTODE TUBE FOR CREAMY SMOOTH CLARITY AND BRILLIANCE
- CUSTOM LARGE-CORE TRANSFORMER FROM LUNDAHL SWEDEN
- CUSTOM ALL-BRASS LARGE K67-STYLE VINTAGE CAPSULE RE-CREATION
- GOLD-SPUTTERED MYLAR DIAPHRAGM, 6 MICRONS THICK
- HIGH-BANDWIDTH POLYSTYRENE CAPACITORS
- BOUTIQUE CAPACITORS FROM WIMA AND SOLEN
- NICKEL-PLATED BRASS MICROPHONE BODY AND HEADBASKET FOR ULTIMATE ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE
- PREMIUM 7-PIN TUBE CABLE FROM GOTHAM SWITZERLAND
- POLAR PATTERNS: CARDIOID, OMNI, FIGURE-OF-EIGHT
- SWITCHABLE HI-PASS FILTER
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 HZ - 20 KHZ
- RATED IMPEDANCE: 200 OHMS
- RATED LOAD IMPEDANCE: 1KILOHMS
- EQUIVALENT NOISE LEVEL (A-WEIGHTED): 17 DB-A
- MAXIMUM SPL FOR THD 0.5%: 138 DB
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO (A-WEIGHTED): 78 DB
- MICROPHONE INCLUDES: WOOD BOX, SHOCKMOUNT, HARDMOUNT, POWER SUPPLY, 7-PIN MIC CABLE
More detail here.