The WA76 Discrete Compressor is a modern reproduction of the Classic '76 Revision D. The WA76 has a fully discrete signal path and uses the original Reichenbach Engineering's (now CineMag) transformer design. The classic '76 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology, and used on hundreds of hit records since its inception. Engineers have craved the ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound of the '76 for decades, and now it is finally affordable!
Our goal was to make a compressor of this pedigree affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of compressor so desirable.
- UTILIZES PREMIUM GRADE INPUT AND OUTPUT CINEMAG USA TRANSFORMERS.
- TRUE TO THE CLASSIC '76 COMPRESSOR IN DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE.
- COMPLETELY DISCRETE SIGNAL PATH.
- MODELED AFTER THE D REVISION.
- SUPPORTS THE FAMOUS "ALL BUTTONS IN" RATIO SETTING.
- CLASS A LINE LEVEL OUTPUT AMPLIFIER.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - 600 OHMS, BRIDGES-T CONTROL (FLOATING).
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE ± 1 DB 20 HZ TO 20KHZ.
- XLR AND TRS INPUTS. XLR AND TRS OUTPUTS.
- LESS THAN 0.4% TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION FROM 50 HZ TO 20 KHZ WITH LIMITING.
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO IS GREATER THAN 74 DB AT +25 DBM.
- ATTACK TIME, 20 MICROSECONDS TO 800 MICROSECONDS.
- RELEASE TIME, 50 MILLISECONDS TO 1 SECOND.
- METER PROVIDES DB GAIN REDUCTION AND DB OUTPUT.
- SWITCHABLE 115/230 VOLT IEC POWER INLET.
- 19″ RACKMOUNT CHASSIS, 2U.